|Great Wall Entrance I|
Great Wall Entrance II
|Buy Price||Sell Price|
Journal Description Edit
These elusive critters shoot a powerful ray of fire from their single eye, and are able to teleport over short distances...When injured, the Cyclops will split into two - double the danger. - Book of Sphinx
Museum Description Edit
Name so for its single eye, this biped is capable of charging bolts of fire, teleportation and duplication. Their combination of skin and hair colour has sometimes seen them confused with a certain root vegetable... - Abydos Museum
Traits, Appearance, and Abilities Edit
Cyclops resemble chili peppers and other vegetables, posing as a threat to unsuspecting farmers. They featured red bodies and green tops and limbs, and would split when struck by a sword. Similar to the Eye of Ra, they could cast lasers, however, they were less powerful.
Monster's Strategy - These monsters can be frustrating to fight, as they are incredibly agile and teleport away whenever their foe approaches. They will reappear out of their foe's line of sight (usually behind them) and fire a laser beam. If Sphinx manages to get close, but does not strike quickly enough, the Cyclops can back flip away and disappear. Once it has been split in two, the pair will attack simultaneously from different directions in an attempt to confuse Sphinx. Strategy for Sphinx - While battling it, it will laugh at you and shoot a laser from its eye. If you get close while it is not moving, it will vanish. You must work quickly in order to eliminate them. On the first hit, they will split into two. Both will begin to flash, and at this point it only takes one more strike to kill them.
- Great Wall Entrance I (Respawning)
- Cursed Palace (Non-Respawning)
- Great Wall Entrance II (Respawning)
- Fans have been known to describe Cyclopes as the cutest monsters in the game.
- Most encounters with this monster are in pairs.
- Battling these creatures can be tricky, as they are quite agile and their small stature makes them hard to spot from far away.
- Doubly so because they dissolve into red mist at a distance if they are retreated from to a safe distance.