|Home||Corridor of Champions, Abydos|
|Cause of Death||N/A|
|Gallery||Gauntlet Man Gallery|
Living near Abydos Plaza, it is assumed that the gauntlet man received a large number of patrons to the Corridor of Champions. He allowed Sphinx to compete after he successfully retrieved the blue diamond. After completing all three stages, the man granted Sphinx the Medal of Champions.
Traits and Appearance Edit
The Gauntlet Man looks like the god Sobek, who is a crocodile-headed deity. Unlike the god, Gauntlet Man does not seem to have an association with water.
- The Gauntlet Man appears to be competitive based on his physique.
- The Gauntlet Man is a fan name, as his real name is unknown.
- He is considered by several players to be the most hated person in Abydos. Upon reaching the Third Gauntlet, many players have taken to slashing at him with the Blade of Osiris (to no effect, as the weapon passes through him) and/or plotting his murder.
- Fan names for him include: Demon, Satan, servant of Set, and several other heavily censored terms.
- Despite appearance, his name is NOT Sobek.
- Despite being a crocodile, he lacks a tail.
- This is in line with traditional depictions of the Egyptian gods as humans with the heads of animals.
|Akhenaten | Anubis | Athlete | Aunt Seti | Bas-Ket | Gauntlet Man | Geb Queen | Horus | Imhotep | Ishka | Jewel Inspector | Juggler | Kemmet | Ketta | Ketta's Husband | Khonsu | Maid | Mayor of Abydos | Mayor's Advisors | Menes | Monster Inspector | Nefertiti | Osiris | Poor Bird | Ra | Rameses | Set | Shetta| Sphinx | Tutankhamen | Urbain|