|Cause of Death||N/A|
|Gallery||Portal God Gallery|
The Portal God is a type of statue in Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy.
The Portal God statues resemble a lion-bodied man (similar to a sphinx) wearing a headdress that resembles the top of a Portal Amulet. Sphinx first encountered the statues while in the Outskirts of Castle of Uruk. Other statues were located in Abydos, the Mysterious Location, Sun Shrine Island, and Anubis's Tower.
- Although a statue, the Portal God is considered a character by fans.
- Heliopolis is the only location to have two separate Portal God statues: Anubis's Tower, and Sun Shrine Island.
- First-time players are sometimes disturbed by how the statue leans forward and makes a creepy, almost roaring noise noise when approached, followed by it roaring loudly as it swallows the traveller.
- Given how most characters in the game are unaware of the Portal Gods, it is presumed that the statues, as well as the amulets, were lost some time before the game's events. This may also explain how the Abydos one is located in the sewer.
- For an unknown reason, all Portal Gods (aside from Sun Shrine Island's, which is displayed prominantly) seem to be tucked away into a confined space.
- Abydos' is in the sewer, the Mysterious Location's is tucked off to the side, and Anubis Tower's is beneath the communication point.
|Akhenaten | Anubis | Athlete | Aunt Seti | Bas-Ket | Gauntlet Man | Geb Queen | Horus | Imhotep | Ishka | Jewel Inspector | Juggler | Kemmet | Ketta | Ketta's Husband | Khonsu | Maid | Mayor of Abydos | Mayor's Advisors | Menes | Monster Inspector | Nefertiti | Osiris | Poor Bird | Ra | Rameses | Set | Shetta| Sphinx | Tutankhamen | Urbain|