| This article is a stub |
You can help the Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy Wiki by expanding it.
|Home||Castle of Uruk, Uruk|
|Relations||Akhenaten (Victim) |
|Cause of Death||Defeated by Sphinx|
|Status||Alive (Fused with Osiris as Ra)|
Early Life Edit
Set and his brother, Osiris, ruled together in harmony as one in the form of Ra, the king of gods. However, he soon became jealous of Osiris and attacked him, substantially weakening him. Eventually, Set conquered Uruk, turning it into a barren volcanic wasteland infested with demons.
Later, Set constructed the powerful Castle of Uruk, which featured a destructive Eye of Ra to kill his brother with. To protect himself, Osiris fled to Heliopolis and hid in the Great Wall of Heliopolis, which had been built by Anubis. Set soon put his plans in motion to power the Eye with the three Sacred Crowns of Egypt.
Possession of Akhenaten Edit
In order to conquer Luxor, Set needed to eliminate Prince Tutankhamen. It required impersonating the Prince's brother, Akhenaten. On Tutankhamen's birthday, he transformed into the brother, and the Prince was eventually captured. Set and his assistant, Menes, took the Prince to a mysterious location to kill him. In the middle of the killing, Sphinx interrupted the mummification ceremony, leaving Set unable to impersonate Tutankhamen as planned. It also scattered all of the canopic vases throughout Egypt.
Castle of Uruk Edit
While at the Castle of Uruk to plan his next move, he was constantly looking for an intruder, having noticed that the Abydos Jewels. Eventually, he found Tutankhamen, and punished him by paralyzing him with magic.
Confrontation with Sphinx Edit
When Sphinx arrived, the two fought in a boss battle. Eventually, Sphinx defeated him, and Set peacefully merged with Osiris to become Ra.
Traits and Appearance Edit
Set was the god of darkness, sandstorms, and chaos, which proved to be true with his dark actions. He took on a total of four different forms: his disguise as Akhenaten, his physical god form (which was red and black), his "true" god form (the final boss form), and his energy form, which was a swirling red sphere (this form is also seen in his True God form).
Over the course of Sphinx's quest, he is seen most in his physical god form, which is most well known among the players of the game.
- Set was an Egyptian god. He served under the deity Ra as a general. He then became brother to Osiris and tried to kill him several times.
- Set's appearance is unique in that it is unclear what animal he is based off of. Egyptologists often refer to his animal representation as the Set Animal or Sha. It resembles an odd mix between an aardvark and a jackal, with a long, curved snout and square ears.
- Under normal circumstances, Sphinx should probably have been vaporized when Set revealed his Energy form, which is comprised of pure divine power, something mortals and demigods cannot process. As a result, he (subconsciously), Osiris and Ra must have prevented this from occurring.
- Set is the god of foreigners, the desert, storms, and disorder. While he acts evil and is, in general, not the nicest deity, he is very much on the side of Order as opposed to Chaos like Apophis.
- This can be seen in his actions in the game; Set's goal in-game is to rule the world, to impose Order as he views it, not to destroy it like Apophis would.
- Set's predominantly red outfit is fitting, as red is the color of the desert and of disorder.
|Akhenaten | Anubis | Athlete | Aunt Seti | Bas-Ket | Gauntlet Man | Geb Queen | Horus | Imhotep | Ishka | Jewel Inspector | Juggler | Kemmet | Ketta | Ketta's Husband | Khonsu | Maid | Mayor of Abydos | Mayor's Advisors | Menes | Monster Inspector | Nefertiti | Osiris | Poor Bird | Ra | Rameses | Set | Shetta| Sphinx | Tutankhamen | Urbain|