|Great Wall Entrance II|
Geb Queen's Palace
|Buy Price||Sell Price|
|Skull Swordsman Gallery|
Journal Description Edit
In addition to their well-honed swordsmanship, they are capable of releasing an evil, shimmering skull that chases down an opponent. A flurry of blows often fails to harm them, such is their defensive skill. - Book of Sphinx
Museum Description Edit
Highly trained in many swordsmanship techniques, and deadly opponents. Proof that they dwell within evil, they can summon a ghostly skull, which drains the soul’s essence on contact. - Abydos Museum
Traits, Appearance, and Abilities Edit
The Skull Swordsman is a zombie-like monster that wears a brown tunic. They are skilled swordsmen that can block your attacks, and can also summon fiery spirits.
They have three attacks.
- They spin around doing a total of 5 horizontal cuts.
- They do two horizontal slashes and finish with a stab.
- They do a downward cut, which launches a fiery skull.
Monster's Strategy - These monsters have a a handful of unique sword attacks. They slash, stab, and swirl and can also launch a flaming skull spirit. The skull spirit acts as a homing attack and will chase the enemy for a short while before disappearing. If, their foe starts to gain the upper hand, they will use their blades as an impenetrable shield.
Strategy for Sphinx - Hit it with the Blade of Osiris while it's not blocking. If it creates a spirit, block it with the shield and resume attacking. If possible, stop it from conjuring the spirit by hitting it when it assumes its summoning stance. Then, you can overpower it with a barrage of sword strikes. If necessary, use the shield to block their moves.
- Great Wall Entrance II (Non-Respawning)
- Uruk Canyon (Non-Respawning)
- Uruk Temple (Non-Respawning)
- Uruk Islands (Respawning)
- Geb Queen's Palace (Non-Respawning)
- The Skull Swordsman is identical to the Skull Worshipper with exception of having a sword instead of a staff.
- For an unknown reason, the sword it uses is more similar to a Japanese Katana than an Egyptian Kopesh or sickle sword.
- The Swordsman uses actual samurai postures. For example, it uses Seigan no Kamae (which the profile picture demonstrates) for its blocking.
- It's summoning ability is mis-attributed to the Worshipper in the game's manual.
- At least one Swordsman is able to shape-shift into a human female. It is unknown if all of them possess this power.
|Alert Spider |Almost-a-Bull | Big Bull | Blade Scorpion | Chihuahua | Cobra | Crabhands | Cyclops | Dark Worshipper | Electric Armadillo | Electric Eel | Exo-Piranha | Explosive Flower | Featherless Turkey | Fire Armadillo | Geb | Goofy Lizard | Green Giant Worm | Half Brute | Knives Cat | Manta Ray | Mummy Bird | Mummy Chihuahua | Mummy Eagle | Mummy Worm | Nose Needler | Piranha | Rat | Sea Turtle | Sharpbeak | Shell Critter | Shuttlecock Bird | Skeletal Axeman | Skeletal Spider | Skull Swordsman | Skull Worshipper | Slim Burble | Small Frog | Smiling Burble | Spike Spider | Spinefish | Spitting Toad | Sunflower | Tree Creature | Wasp Spider|